Herds of Thomson's gazelles and wildebeests. Photo: Farish A. Jenkins
MCZ Location & Directions
The MCZ is approximately a ten-minute walk from the Harvard Square T stop on the Red Line. Upon exiting the Harvard Square T station through the Harvard Square exit, walk into Harvard Yard to the statue of John Harvard. From here, take the path to your left, exit the yard and veer diagonally right past the Science Center. This will take you to the intersection of Kirkland and Oxford streets. Follow Oxford Street to the left. The main entrance to the Museum of Comparative Zoology is located at 26 Oxford Street, to the left of the Harvard Museum of Natural History main entrance.
Harvard Square is accessible by numerous MTBA routes. Please use the MTBA trip planner to organize your visit.
Driving directions to 26 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA from Mapquest.
Driving directions from Google Maps.
On-street metered parking: There are a limited number of 2-hour metered spaces located on Oxford and Kirkland streets. These meters only accept US quarters.
There are commercial parking garages in Harvard Square; however, the MCZ cannot validate parking for those businesses.
University Permit Parking
Limited parking is available for visitors in nearby University-operated garages. The closest garage to the MCZ is the Oxford Garage, located at 52 Oxford Street (at the intersection of Everett and Oxford streets).
You may directly purchase a parking pass online through the Harvard University Parking Office website. Before proceeding to the online form to purchase a parking pass, please note the following:
- Parking permits are $15 per weekday. All major credit cards are accepted and sales are final.
- Permits can be purchased up to 2 weeks in advance of your arrival.
- If you are a first-time user, you will need to register by creating a user name and password.
- You will need to have a printer ready to print out the parking permit.
- Please have your car’s license plate number ready. No permit can be purchased without a current plate number.
- You will be asked to select a parking lot. We recommend requesting a permit for the garage at 52 Oxford Street (the entrance to the garage is at the intersection of Everett and Oxford streets).
- You will be asked for the date of the permit. Be sure to select the correct date. Permits are not transferable.
- You will need to choose a department from a drop down list. Select: "OEB/MCZ/Herbaria"
- You will need to enter the museum's department Code: "2017"
To acquire a daily parking permit, please use the Harvard online purchase system for visitors.
The University Disability Coordinator and Parking Services jointly manage all parking policy and parking requests based on disability. Individuals with specific needs should contact the University Disability Coordinator, Marie Trottier, at 617.495.1859 (voice) or 617.495.4801 (TTY). The University Disability Coordinator will request any medical documentation or other verification of disability or injury that may be necessary prior to the authorization of parking or shuttle services. Persons who require accessible parking as a reasonable accommodation will not be required to pay more than the applicable rate for similarly situated individuals without disabilities who park in the same facility.
For customer service at the parking office, please call 617.495.3772.